altText

How to Register a car

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mickhev
Super user
Super user

How to Register a car Empty
PostSubject: How to Register a car   How to Register a car Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 pm

This is only from my personal exp
Things to make sure you have
Log Book
if not your name on the log book a written reciept
you will need your residency card
Bulgarian insurance which you can do prior to registration as it can be done on the vin number when you have bg plates you can inform them of the reg number
do take with you an official transator to fill out all your forms,it will be money well spent and cost us 10 Lev for half a day
most forms that you get you will have to pay for unlike the uk where all forms are free,here in Bg you pay for all forms you get,although only a few lev so no big deal.
you must also make sure to get vinettge (road Tax) when all this is done you then have 2 weeks to register your car for the municipality tax,when you register your car it will also be moted for 12 months.also make sure you have the stickers on your headlights or it will fail.when all the paperwork is done mot then you will be issued with your number plates,then your all finished,just one extra thing take a screwdriver to take your old english number plates off as they will ask for them,and they like them clean,i think thats it if i think of anything i have missed i will add it

Mike
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: How to Register a car   How to Register a car Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:31 pm

Thankyou mikehev its what the forum is all about really information and other peoples experiences
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: How to Register a car   How to Register a car Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Fantastic Mike!!

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Bigdog
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: How to Register a car   How to Register a car Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:55 pm

The things on your vehicle that KAT (traffic police) check when when registering can vary from area to area but they ALWAYS check the VIN and engine number, and a lot of UK reg vehicles don't have the engine number on the V5 (logbook), so make sure you know where the engine number is, not always obvious, and make sure it is CLEAN and legible. They do seem to know where the VIN is on a vehicle.
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: How to Register a car   How to Register a car Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Good point Bigdog thanks and thak you mick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Register a car   How to Register a car Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Register a car

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1